Nursery!



Well, tomorrow is the due date and...just waiting! Its very odd waking up every morning thinking "Is this the day that the most significant event in our lives thus far will happen?"
We (I) kind of rushed to get everything ready by 37weeks, just anticipating that Caleb would be early and things wouldn't be ready! And now, of course, we are still waiting:) Mister had to be out of town for a few days right at the 37 week mark, so I spent the time I had alone getting the nursery all finished! We had taken a trip to Babies R Us the weekend before to get the last "necessities" on our registry, and then I took a trip to Target to get a few things there.
 
We had been planning on putting all Caleb's books on small shelves or something, but he got so many that we really needed bookshelves! when I was at Target they were actually having a big sale and I found a set that match his crib pretty well for $20 (technically free with giftcards:)! Yay! And then of course I couldn't wait for Mister before actually putting it together (yes, I am a little proud of doing it myself, even though its only one of those fake wood ones) and setting it up -- It fits perfectly!
 
 
I love how many books Caleb has already! The girls who threw my work shower put on the invitation to "sign a book instead of a card" and almost everyone did! He got alot of the "necessities", like "Goodnight Moon", ALOT of Dr Seuss, and even the Bearnstein Bears. We are both VERY excited to be able to read to him:)
 
 
I got the lamp at Goodwill for a few dollars, and the "C" is from Hob Lob, just painted with leftover wall paint. Mister picked out the vintage truck and plane from Hob Lob too!


We got this glider on Craigslist (actually the dresser too...and most of the furniture in the house...) for way cheap, and its really comfortable -- I think of it as a necessity for the many late night feedings!
 
 
 
The crib is all set up and ready to go too...though Caleb won't even be sleeping in it for a few weeks while he's in the bassinet/pack n play!
 
 
The two stuffed animals are "Build A Bears" that Mister and I made while we were dating...Caleb will have to be careful though, because Maya has been eyeing the monkey like its her toy! The wall above the crib has the frame that is still my absolute favorite part of the nursery...I'm going to do a separate post on it:)
And the adorable quilt was made by my very talented cousin Eden-- love how it matches the room perfectly!
 
 

Well, now Caleb's bag is packed and we are ready to go...it's all up to him...

No comments:

Post a Comment