Digging Day!


Growing up, I can't ever remember my parents tackling a big house project without my Dad's parents there helping. When my Dad opened his practice they were there tearing up carpet and putting in hardwood floors. I remember a weekend where they came to take out every window in the house and repaint the frames. When we got married, my parents made a point of saying that they would always do the same for us...and today we took them up on that offer!



We have been wanting to put up a fence for this poor excercise-deprived, mildly crazy dog for awhile, and finally today was "Digging Day"!




The back part of our yard is a mini swamp, so Garrett and my dad worked out a super technical french drain system that they put in yesterday. Its the first step in the fence process!
The men dug all day, while we women cooked them lunch and dinner...and mostly played with sweet Bubby:
Auntie Megan is making fun of Caleb's favorite face: biting his bottom lip:)



We are going to miss Uncle Justin and Aunt Megan when they move to Korea in the Fall!!


Always love playing with Grandma and Grandpa!



Such a happy boy :)

With the help of my dad and brother, we got the drainage system dug in one day --what an incredible blessing family is! Well we are off to bed -- Garrett is exhausted from digging, I worked last night, and Caleb has a big day at church tomorrow -- he is getting dedicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment