A New Toy...



So I have a new toy, and I may be slightly obsessed. My lovely mother in law bought me a sewing machine for my birthday! She knew how much I would enjoy it even before I did, so she convinced Garrett that I needed one. He finally agreed (theres a chance she bribed him;) to become more "encumbered" by a sewing machine, and I LOVE IT. Shortly before my birthday was when we found out we were having a girl...and how fun it is to sew nursery things for a girl:) Things like baby blankets:


Caleb had a couple of personalized blankets people bought him off Etsy for showers (not to even mention the drawer full of other blankets he got!) so I want Emma to have a couple of those too.

I also made a Maya wrap:


I'm thinking I'm going to be carring Emma alot more than I carried Caleb, out of necessity. I am just not talented enough to use a moby wrap -- it would take me an hour to just get it wrapped around me! And when I saw a friend use the Maya wrap and how easy it is, I really wanted one. The thing is, they run about $75-$85 -- seriously! Instead, there is an incredibly easy  tutorial on how to make one on pinterest! So fabric at $10 and two slingrings at $5 including shipping...its a no-brainer! So excited to use it! Oh, and there was so much fabric left over that I made a super easy nursing shawl, too. I love that it covers your sides too, not just the front like a typical nursing cover

                                                      Pinned Image
And I found a fun tutorial for a portable changing pad -- I"ve seen some people get these at showers and they are so cute and so convenient...and so, so easy!




Finally, I have been making Emma all kinds of bows and flowers for headbands. I'm betting money that she will take after her mother, father, and brother, and be bald for quite awhile...so girly headbands are really a necessity;) Plus, pinterest (again:) has so MANY fun tutorials and felt and fabric is so cheap!



We (aka Garrett) painted the nursery this weekend, and the crib is set up, too! My grandparents are refinishing a really neat old family dresser for Emma's room, so I am itching to get all the rest of the things set up in there! I know its early, but seriously, being pregnant in the spring really must bring on the nesting :) I will post pictures when we get it all set up! 



No comments:

Post a Comment