By way of an update...

Ok, so an update:



Caleb is getting bigger, faster, and even more interactive and adorable every day. He learned to climb a couple months ago, and its now the favorite pastime.


While I used to be paranoid that he would fall, and I would always rush into the living room as soon as he started climbing the couch...he is so good at it now, and he has fallen enough times that we really dont worry about it...such is life with a boy!


 Garrett and I made bets about how old he would be when we make our first trip to get stitches.


Caleb is SO busy that he literally never sits still. He doesn't know the meaning of walking -- he RUNS everywhere! Once I found out that I was going to be taking him to frequent OB appointments, I decided he needed to learn to sit still for at least a short period of time. So we instituted "blanket time". Its a concept I read from a book awhile ago, and I decided to give it a shot. We lay out a blanket, put a few toys and books on it, set a timer (usually about 10-15 min), and he has to stay on the blanket until the timer goes off. He LOVES it.


Anytime we are anywhere and there is a blanket spread out (usually meant for an infant), Caleb walks right into the middle and grins up at me -- SO cute. I was surprised actually at how easy it was for him,
considering how much the kid likes to move!


We also took our first trip to both the Zoo and the Children's Museum! We are yearly members -- Christmas gifts from the Lowe grandparents!:)



Both trips were super fun, and we plan to go alot this year!

Caleb also had his first snow experience:




he LOVED it. He got stuck like this everytime he tried to bend down:




But even so, I think he would have stayed out there all day! He still refuses to wear any shoes except his boots around the house...which would be fine except I got them at clearance from Target because they
are NEXT years size. So he falls down alot, but they are very fun for stomping.


Lastly, we are now offically "encumbered".


I PROMISE, this purchase was 100% Garrett's idea. We learned from the church nursery that he spends most of the 3 hours there on the slide, so Garrett decided he should have one. I found this one on Craigslist for $20 and it is now Calebs favorite piece of furniture. The weekend we bought it he quite literally did nothing else. Most of his toys have taken at least one trip down the slide. Its like a rite of passage for all his stuffed animals. He also loves to build block towers, put them at the bottom of the slide, and giggles like mad as he slides down to knock them to pieces. He is such a boy:)


Well, thats our update for now -- I promise I will try to be more consistent...I'm just starting to feel a little  nauseous, and a little less tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment