Looong Overdue...

Ok SORRY it has been so very long!! I promise I have good reason! Life just gets crazier as the Bubs gets faster and more adept and climbing...and the laptop is his most favorite thing EVER to try and grab...which means that I can only blog or do anything on the computer when he is asleep...and lately all I want to do when he sleeps is sleep myself! There is a good reason for that though, as you know, we are expecting baby #2 in August!


We are super excited about "Skittle" as we have named him/her until we have a name...Caleb is too, he just doesnt know it yet:) SO, by way of a quick update, here are some LONG overdue pics of the
sweet Bubs' First Birthday party!

Here is our adorable birthday boy with Aunt Megan:




His onsie was my Christmas present from Garrett haha. It was rediculously expensive on Etsy, but I kept looking at it, so he finally said to just get it already!



We decided to go as simple as possible with the food, since after we counted we realized that at our "small family party" we were going to be serving 17 people! So we served all of Caleb's favs, which are simple;) Mom made some incredible baked Mac N Cheese, which Caleb ate a super-human amount of, and then we had mixed veggies, sandwich makings, and a fruit plate.




And the cake. was. incredible. My wonderful Grandma, who has made very cool shaped cakes for my brothers and I all our lives, came through with this awesome creation:


It matched his onsie -- how cute is that?! AND she was smart to use carrot cake. This was the first time EVER that Caleb had any kind of dessert, and he was all about the carrot cake, while I'm not sure what
he would have thought about chocolate...plus we did want him to nap at some point.




As far as other decorations, I just put out his baby book (GREAT motivation to make sure I got it finished!), a photo album, and I made a banner of all of the monthly pictures I'd taken with his little ties -- very simple.





Caleb made out like a bandit with gifts, too. He already had been sent a yearly Indianapolis Zoo pass (YAY!!) by Grandma and Grandpa Lowe, who couldnt be there:(


He also got a basketball hoop...not sure who enjoys this more though -- Caleb or Daddy...




A ride-on dump truck from Grandma and Grandpa Biehl




A super cool boat from his submarine-designing Uncle Andrew



And a hilarious Korean hat from Uncle Justin and Aunt Megan



It was such a great day...so wonderful to see all these people who
love our son in the same room -- we just felt so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment